erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
A Dawn Most Wicked - Susan Dennard I love how YA novellas seem to be growing more popular. There is nothing better than spending extra time in a world you love, with characters you adore, while you wait for the next book in a series.

And that's exactly how I felt about Susan Dennard's new novella.

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a very early draft of A DAWN MOST WICKED*, followed by several revisions, and I fell in love with the story a bit more each time. The characters (Daniel, I heart you!), the setting (Mississippi River!!), the history of how the Spirit Hunters come together (chills!!!)...It’s all fantastic. Denndard has packed a rich and thoroughly entertaining tale into 130 pages, punctuated with plenty of Creepy, and a dash of Swoon.

I’ve read SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY, A DARKNESS STRANGE AND LOVELY (out next month), and A DAWN MOST WICKED; and while I love them all, the novella might be my favorite of the bunch. You do not want to miss out on this little gem. Especially if you are a fan of the pesky yet charming inventor, Daniel Sheridan.

* In full disclosure, Susan and I sometimes critique for each other. While Susan and I are good friends, my review (and love) of her stories are independent of my love for her. :)