erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
Another Little Piece - Kate Karyus Quinn I went into ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE without knowing much about it, and I think that was for the best. This is a dark, twisted, deliciously creepy read! The story follows Annaliese, who was last seen stumbling out of the woods at a house party in upstate New York, drenched in blood. She went missing shortly after, for many months, only to be found in Oaklahoma, with no memory of what happened that night. No memory at all. In fact, she has only one possibly theory as to what happened and speaking it aloud is not an option: She fears she is not the real Annaliese.

The structure of this novel was so unique: the current timeline interrupted by flashbacks and memories, all of which are punctuated by stark, haunting poems. As the truth is slowly discovered, the reader realizes how truly mangled and complex Annaliese’s situation is. This novel is creepy, creepy, creepy, and still, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Solving the mystery of Annaliese’s past alongside her is addicting, even when the discovers are difficult to swallow. Highly recommend!

Originally posted here.

NOTE: This review is based on an ARC.