erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
Glass Heart - Amy Garvey I fell in love with Amy Garvey’s COLD KISS about a year ago, so I was so excited to get my hands on an ARC of the sequel, GLASS HEART. In this follow-up, Wren is still struggling to understand her powers, and when Gabriel encourages her to stop using them, she fells a sting of rejection; almost as if he is unwilling to accept her for who she is. After meeting a couple in town (Bay and Fiona) that seem to share her abilities, Wren begins to practice using her powers with those that don’t want her to hide them. But something is off about Bay. He is not outwardly threatening, but even as a reader, you can sense a certain wrongness from the start. He made my skin crawl for most of the book, and I think Garvey’s treatment of his character is brilliant.

My love for COLD KISS outweighs GLASS HEART, but I still thought this was a lovely sequel. Wren and Gabriel have their ups and downs, and like always, Garvey is able to write young love in such a sweet, convincing, authentic manner. Family drama continues to play a role as Wren’s absent father re-enters their lives. And above all: the prose! It is as gorgeous as always. Amy Garvey has a way with words and I will gladly read anything she writes.

NOTE: This review is based on an ARC