erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
The Assassin and the Princess - Sarah J. Maas I loved this novel. Celaena is such a fabulous protagonist. She is strong and passionate and wild and brave and determined and funny and fearless and kickass and I absolutely adore her. She has her flaws, but her heart is in the right place, which is saying something given her past. An infamous assassin having served much time in jail, Celaena is given a chance to fight for her freedom in a corrupt king’s tournament. The winner will become the king’s champion, and if Celaena wins — only if she wins — she will serve the king for a series of years before finally going free.

This book has a little bit of everything. Action, adventure, mystery, romance, mythology. There were scenes that made my chest hurt they were so swoonworthy. In others, I was clenching my fists in fear of what awaited Celaena. “I will not be afraid.” Celaena says this on the first page of the novel. I wish I had her bravery.

I want to say so many more things, but I don’t want to spoil anything. I am so excited for book 2! So, so excited. Get ready, fantasy lovers. This is quite a ride!

Originally reviewed here.