erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
Love and Leftovers - Sarah Tregay This is the first verse novel I have read in a very long time. I knew nothing about it when I picked it up and was pleasantly surprised by the story. When Marcie’s father announces that he is gay and pursuing things with a new boyfriend, Marcie and her mother head to New Hampshire for the summer. Her mother, however, slips into a bought of depression and when September arrives, Marcie finds herself still separated from her home, friends, and boyfriend in Idaho, and attending a new high school in Durham, NH. There is so much emotion packed into the sparse prose. Marcie deals with a broken family, the crippling depression of her mother, and the pull between love and lust (her boyfriend at home, and a far too cute guy at her new school). While a few plot points may seem a stretch beyond believable, I found this to be a touching novel about family, friendship, and passion.

Originally reviewed here.