erinbowman

On Writing
Stephen King
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
Alexandra Bracken
Supernaturally - Kiersten White I read the PARANORLMACY just a few months ago and was so smitten with Evie and her girly bad-ass-ness that anxiously picked up SUPERNATURALLY.

Evie finally has her locker. Along with the normal teen experience she'd been craving. Sort-of. While she’s attending a public high school and using said locker, Lend is off at college, putting some long-distance strain on their relationship. And then Evie somehow gets pulled back into work at the IPCA despite her best efforts to avoid it.

There is a lot to love about this sequel – Evie is still strong, and hilarious, and generally a blast to hang out with – but I missed Lend! And Reth. (Lend was not as present in this story, and Reth, even less so.) Jack, a new character introduced in this novel, is mysterious (which had me turning pages) but also incredibly frustrating (Seriously, Evie. Tase that boy, please! You should not have to put up with his ridiculousness). I’ll be really interested to see where things go in the series’ final installment. I have a sneaky suspicion that Reth is going to reappear with a bang (and thank goodness! I know I’m not supposed to like him, as a character, but I can’t help myself). I’m also interested to see how Lend and Evie’s relationship continues to grow, especially with Reth and Jack popping in all the time and creating roadblocks.

Originally reviewed here